In the past, finding the best outdoor security cameras tailored for businesses required extensive research. As technologies improved, all-new and must-have features became more common, and expensive tech has become more affordable.
However, there are many types of cameras on the market today. What are the most important features you should look for in an outdoor security camera?
What are the Best Outdoor Security Cameras?
Having outdoor security cameras at your business serves several primary functions:
- The cameras (and signs warning about them) can serve as a line of defense that tells criminals you’re watching.
- The cameras can record video of criminal activity for later prosecution.
- Cameras today also include pre-recorded warnings, two-way communication, alarms, and lights.
Imagine an outdoor security camera that can send video over the internet to be stored online. Or a camera that has solar power, so that if the electricity goes out, you can still monitor your property. Cameras today offer much clearer pictures, smart features, and video analytics about your business. These platforms typically include a core offering of virtual security guard services to monitor camera feeds, bolstered by add-ons like thermal imaging or license plate recognition.
So how do you pick out the right security equipment? Start by comparing cameras based on the following features:
While these features have more to do with the camera and the installation, there are also considerations for the software housed within the camera. Here are some things to look for:
These are just a few features for an outdoor security camera during the day. But what about the night? To protect your business regardless of your lighting, you’ll need thermal vision and more.
What is the Best Outdoor Night Vision Security Camera?
Most business owners would agree protecting their business only 50% of the time isn’t an acceptable risk. That’s why an outdoor security camera with night vision is so critical. Today’s tools are enabled with infrared lenses. They also use color night vision to capture clear video in dark and low-light conditions.
- Low-light performance: The best outdoor cameras offer some type of low light capabilities. If you want 24/7 monitoring of your outdoor property, this is a necessity.
- Color night vision: Capture video footage in a broad range of colors to help with visual identifiers. You’ll be able to see the color of a car at night or what type of clothes a person is wearing. This vision allows the footage to be tagged appropriately, making it easy to find with a quick search in the cloud. (eg. red shirt, blue car, etc.)
Pro-Vigil is a live video surveillance company that protects what matters to your business. Our cameras offer all of the benefits we’ve covered in this blog—and more. Click here to chat with our team so you can rest easier at night.